All borrowers must present appropriate ID in order to check out materials. Appropriate forms of ID include:
- Valid USAO faculty, staff, or student ID
- Valid OK-Share Card
- Nash Library Borrowing Card
Borrowing limits and periods
- USAO faculty: up to 60 items from circulating collection for 120 days
- USAO students, alumni, staff: up to 30 items from circulating collection for 30 days
- General Public: up to 5 items from circulating collection for 30 days
- OK-Share Card holders: up to 2 items from circulating collection for 30 days
- Periodicals and microforms may not be borrowed
- Reserve items: usually 2 hours
- All borrowed items are subject to recall for use by another patron
- All items (except those borrowed by faculty) are due on the last day of the semester
Change Of Address
Patrons are responsible for notifying the library of any change of address or email. Failure to receive mail is not grounds for reduction or cancellation of fines (21 O.S. 1739).
Never allow others to use your ID to borrow Library materials. The person whose name appears on the ID, not the borrower, is responsible for the borrowed materials. If a USAO ID or library card is lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to the Nash Library Circulation Desk to prevent unauthorized use.
Nash Library materials are subject to immediate recall if needed by another patron. The materials are subject to recall two weeks from the date of checkout; patrons have one week to return the recalled materials.
Patrons may renew materials twice if no one else has requested them. Items may be renewed either at the Library’s circulation desk, by phone, or through the online catalog.
All borrowers of Nash Library materials are subject to fines for non-returned or damaged items.
- No overdue fines are charged for circulating items.
- $25 will be charged for any item returned to the Library in damaged condition (as determined by the Library staff within two days of its return) beyond normal usage
- Lost items include reserve items overdue more than 6 days or any non-Reserve item overdue more than 60 days.
- The fine for each lost item is the cost of the replacement item plus a non-refundable $100 processing fee.
- You may not check out any additional materials until all fines are paid. Library fines will be paid at the USAO Business Office.